The dental team are looking forward to coming onsite from October 29th for annual check ups of our students. Their Letter of Advice is available from https://tinyurl.com/y6remtcn .
Tena Koutou Katoa to staff, students and parents of Ngaruawahia High School.
Our Mobile Dental Unit will be visiting your school from:
Monday 29th October 2019
The dental unit will provide the following services:
- Enrolment of Students between 13yrs – under 18yrs WHO DO NOT HAVE a dentist or choose to transfer to our service and who qualify for free dental care (some exceptions apply - Orthodontic and Oral Surgery).
- Examine and assess students (including digital x-rays) unless otherwise advised.
- Develop dental treatment plans and treat accordingly (if we are unable to complete treatment whilst at school, you will be notified by letter to contact our Referring Dentist to make an appointment or contact a Dentist of your choice).
- Provide information, advice and feedback on good oral health habits.
- Year 9 Parents Only; (Parents of older students have responded previously).
Please advise by email to [email protected] which of the following options applies to your child/ren. Or by text to 021 894 675.
Option 1 My child does not have his/her own dentist and I consent to your service seeing my child/ren. Please ensure you enter your child/ren’s name when responding.
Option 2 My child has his/her own dentist, and your service is not required.
Please ensure you enter your child/ren’s name when responding.
The Consent Procedure
- The consent process will comply with the Health and Disability Commissioners Act 1994 and The Code of Health and Disability Services Consumers Rights 1996.
- Students will be advised before enrolling that if they have a dentist, they will not be invited to enrol with our service.
- Our consent form is issued with clear instructions and options for treatment and requires parent/guardian consent for students under the age of 16 before any treatment is carried out.
If there are any enquiries regarding the enrolment and/or treatment procedures please do not hesitate to contact me on 021 894 675.
Raukura Hauora O Tainui
Mobile Dental Unit